Octavio: Energy System Control Centers Security - an EU Approach
Funded by European Union/DG Justice, Freedom and Security under Program C 2008/60/03:
Prevention, Preparedness and Consequence Management of Terrorism and other Security related risks.
Coordinator: : Deloitte S.L.;, Madrid, Spain
Running Time: 15.12.2007 – 14.4.2009
The Project objective: Comprehensive approach definition to improve the security of energy control centers based on establishing criteria and methodology to asses, audit and mitigate risks for electrical and natural gas control centers and their interdependent ICT infrastructures.
The Focus will be on
- Providing an accurate assessment regarding energy sector control centers cyber structure requirements
- Identifying survivability and resilience requirements for every functionality in natural gas control centers
- Defining security audit protocols for different control center levels
- Testing audit protocols in at least three different functionality levels
- Promoting collaboration schemes among energy and ICT network operators and authorities
- Disseminating results around EU security and energy communities.
|1. Deloitte S.L||
|3. AD Consulting||
|4. VTT Technical Research Center||
|5. Institute of Power Engineering (IEN)||
|6. Naturgas Energia S.A.||