Reinhard W. Hutter (Technical Director),
has many years of technical and managerial experience, particularly in the security sector. Before he changed to IABG, where he focused on Operations Research and Command Control and Communications, he worked with the Siemens R&D department in the areas electronics and controlsystems. He has been managing large scientific organisations and major international projects. His management career steps included project and groupmanagement positions, and after being head of department he was eventually promoted to the position of Senior Vice President Information and communication systems and European Security Analyses. Since 1995 he has concentrated on the new security challenges including information operation, critical infrastructure protection and anti-terror strategies and has successfully acquired and implemented several related national and EU projects with focus on methodological approaches including modelling and simulation. He is a recognised expert within his field, both nationally and internationally. After having co-founded CESS, the Centre for European Security Strategies in 2006, Mr. Hutter is now its Managing Director.
Dr. Uwe Nerlich (Director)
Description of background (academic background, work experience):
- Study of Philosophy and Mathematics in Frankfurt/M and Cambridge/England (Fellow at King’s College).
- Professional Career: Head of research organizations and leader of complex projects.
- Founding Director, Centre for European Security Strategies (CESS) since 2006.
- Chairman of the European Study and Defence Analysis Group/ESDAG (2003-2005), a joint endeavour of leading European RTOs in the fields of security and defence.
- Senior Advisor to IABG (2002-2005).
- Senior Vice President of IABG and Director of the IABG Center for European Strategy Research (1995-2002).
- Member of the Executive Board of the Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik/SWP (1965-1995)
International Security, defence, arms control and disarmament, crisis management, risk analysis, regional security, terrorism, protection of nuclear material, international organizations, nuclear strategy, critical infrastructure protection et al.
Publications, Memberships and Expert Boards, Awards:
Numerous assignments, fellowships, honours and publications